July 27, 2022
Description of Grant:
The time to apply for the FY 2022 Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS) grant is NOW! This is the largest amount of funding to date for the grant line, with $68 million available. The grant line supports “the planning, implementation, and operation of full-service community schools that improve the coordination, integration, accessibility, and effectiveness of services for children and families.” A requirement of this grant is that grantees must have an independent evaluation, which includes a design and implementation plan that assesses progress on an annual basis, uses data and findings to refine and improve activities, and collects and reports on a set of common indicators.
Who is Eligible?
- Lead Education Agency (LEA)
- one or more Local Education Agencies; or The Bureau of Indian Education; and
- one or more community-based organizations, nonprofit organizations, or other public or private entities
*must include at least 1 LEA, 2 qualifying schools (see Absolute Priorities), and a community partner.
Other important information:
- Applications are due: September 12, 2022.
- This grant is comprehensive and requires proactive coordination between schools and partners just to apply.
- This grant requires an evaluator.
Chose VIA as your evaluator! Why?
Via Evaluation has over 20 years of experience evaluating federal U.S. Department of Education grants, including Full-Service Community Schools, in multiple states. Our services also include program evaluations and needs assessments for schools. Interested in more information? Book your virtual meeting now!
Link to RFP: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=341447
FY 2022 Grant Competition Brief Overview by the Department of Education.