Via Evaluation (VIA) is currently seeking part-time paid Interns to join our team. Posts will be for for six, nine, or one-year positions. We are looking for individuals who want to learn how to apply their developing research skills and interests to help real-life programs improve.
A certified Women-Owned Business located in downtown Buffalo, NY, VIA is dedicated to helping school districts, colleges/universities, and community based organizations develop, improve, and sustain their services. We fulfill this mission by providing our clients with applied evaluation services such as survey design and analysis, comprehensive program evaluation, data systems consulting, and accessible reports.
We expect Interns to be valuable members of the VIA team. They will work and learn, with the guidance of Evaluators and Research Associates, to develop data management systems, clean real-world data, analyze results, and create data visualizations and reports. Our work requires extensive tracking of information, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and observations of educational programming in a variety of settings.
- bachelors’ degree
- in a masters’ degree program,
- experience using SPSS or similar statistical programs,
- knowledge of program evaluation,
- knowledge of K-12 schools, universities, and community based programs
- a strong interest in helping programs improve services through use of data.
We are looking for individuals who:
- are eager to develop themselves professionally and seek feedback,
- enjoy working collaboratively,
- demonstrate an ability to apply learning quickly across projects,
- excel at setting up systems to organize and track information,
- want to work with data in Excel and other programs,
- have experience using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint,
- plan and organize work to meet short- and long-term deadlines,
- share our below stated core values.
At VIA, we truly believe in our core values. They guide our interactions with each other and with our clients. They are:
- commitment to growth and development,
- work/life balance,
- a desire to expand understanding and use of our work,
- taking a collaborative team approach, and
- being forthright and honest.
If these values are important to you, you have the skills listed above, and you want to learn while working with a team of dedicated, intelligent, friendly coworkers, we would love to hear from you for our internship this coming year. We are an equal opportunity employer.
You can learn more about our team and the work we do across New York State and beyond by checking out our website at www.viaevaluation.com.
If this sounds like a professional and cultural fit for you, please send (in PDF or Microsoft Word format):
1. a cover letter, (please indicate availability)
2. a current resume,
3. names of professional references or letter of recommendation
to: Ms. Komani Lundquist:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Mail: 325 Delaware Avenue, Ste. 100, Buffalo, NY, 14202
For the current hiring round, please submit applications by September 20th, 2019