NYS Learning Technology Grant RFP out now!
May 1, 2018
The 2018-21 Learning Technology Grant was released by NYSED. Its purpose is to have grantees:
“develop, implement, and share innovative programs that utilize learning technologies to personalize learning and/or increase access to high-quality, rigorous learning experiences, as well as professional development programs to assist teachers and educational leaders in effectively utilizing learning technology to enhance teaching and learning (from the RFP).”
This RFP is very different than previous LTG RFPs in the following areas.
- New maximums of $200,000/year for Big 5 districts and consortia, and
- $100,000/year for single Rest of State district applicants.
Bonus points given for:
- Including a Priority or Focus School,
- High percentage of English Language Learners and/or students with disabilities,
- High percentage of economically disadvantaged students
- Being classified as rural.
Where they are awarded:
- The seven Rest of State Regions will receive at least 1 award.
Scope of work:
- Three phases in the scope of project work:
- Strategic Planning and Materials Creation
- Initial Implementation and Evidence-Based Evaluation
- Modified Implementation and Evidence-Based Evaluation.
Evidence-based evaluation is required, and every project will submit a report detailing programs strengths and weaknesses, adjustments they will make, additional areas for development, and their next steps. This is to increase project effectiveness, efficiency, scope, and scale.
Bringing VIA in as your LTG evaluator will make your proposal more competitive in three ways:
- Ensuring use of evidence-based evaluation,
- Providing evaluation support for building a roadmap for next steps,
- Meeting M/WBE requirements
VIA has evaluated many LTG projects with Big Four and Rest of State districts. For more information about how VIA can support your grant writing team or evaluate your project, please call at (716) 362-0627 or email at email@example.com.