Purpose and Value
The Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) is a reliable, national survey tool created by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to assess six categories of priority health-risk behaviors among youth and young adults, including:
- Behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence;
- Tobacco use;
- Alcohol and other drug use;
- Sexual risk behaviors;
- Unhealthy dietary behaviors;
- Physical inactivity.
Via Evaluation can help your district or organization collect and analyze these data to:
- Identify key health risk behaviors among the populations you serve, including sub-populations;
- Prioritize behaviors to target through intervention;
- Apply for grants or other funding to address identified needs;
- Monitor progress toward addressing identified needs.
The specific deliverables that will result from this product are:
- Administration of the YRBS survey at specific sites.
- Full statistical analysis of all data.
- Data reports in a format most useful to the organization (Excel, Access, SPSS, or other format as desired).
- Guidance and feedback on using outcomes effectively.
More Evaluation Products